We carry out a vast range of fire alarm Installations whether commercial, residential or industrial, we design and install an extensive range of fire alarm solutions, from single-zone fire detection systems to large, fully addressable, multi-zone systems.
Fire Alarm Design
All our systems are designed in accordance to current British standards, we are a competent organisation that undertakes the research required to ensure that the fire detection system complies with the legal requirements. We adhere to the following:
- Agree the level of protection or category with the Client /Owner
- Justify any variations and document reasons
- Detail the detection and alarm zones
- Prepare specifications and drawings (sitting of manual call point, point type heat and smoke detectors, Beam detectors, and any other form of detection)
- Specify type of cable, system and equipment.
- Allow for the correct level of sounders and visual alarms
- Prepare a fire plan or cause effect chart
- Complete a H1 Design Certificate
Fire Alarm Installations
All systems are installed, fully commissioned and certified to British Standards (BS5839). Our services include:
- Complete installations (conventional & addressable)
- Wireless / Radio systems
- Component additions, replacements and upgrades
- Fire alarm panel replacements
- We also provide operator training, manuals, logbooks and test keys.
Fire Alarm Commissioning
We understand the importance of commissioning and ensure that all systems are commissioned by one of our competent fully trained operatives, who has attended recognised training courses on the equipment as well as the British Standard.
At the commissioning stage the entire system is inspected and tested, in particular:
- Every manual call point, sensor, sounder, interface and indicator
- Check that all devices are correctly sited to cover the area they are intended to protect
- Check that all devices are correctly labelled and display the correct information on the control panels
- All sound pressure levels should be measured and recorded
- Any transmission of signals to remote centres or equipment should be proven
- The fire plan or cause and effect should be checked from every device
- All alarm panels and printers display the correct information and are sited correctly
- A suitable zone plan is mounted adjacent to the control panel
- No changes to the building have affected the siting of equipment or effectiveness of the system for example an additional
- partition requiring additional sensorsp
- Mains and standby power supplies are adequate and designed to support the system for a specified period, for example 24, 48 or 72 hours
- As far as reasonable, ascertain that the installation complies with the standard and certificates are provided by the
- If radio equipment is used, ensure all radio signals are of sufficient strength to ensure reliability
- Ensure there are no obvious shortcomings with the system as a whole and that all the documentation is correct
- It is also recommended to our clients that the system is soak tested for up to a week.
On completion of commissioning and user training all documentation will have to be collected and handed to the our client or their representative. This will include:
- Design, Installation and Commissioning certificates H1, H2 & H3*
- Cable and insulation resistance test records
- "As fitted" drawings of the final installation, including cable run details
- Product manuals and user instructions
- System log book
- A copy of the fire plan documentation against which the commissioning engineer programmed the system
- Our designer's specification and written list of agreed Variations
Fire Alarm Maintenance
All Fire Detection Systems require maintenance if they are to work perfectly in and emergency, we provide fire alarm maintenance and servicing of Fire Alarms all carried out to the current British BS5839 Standards
- We provide a planned schedule of weekly fire alarm tests and periodic servicing and certification, carried out by our experienced fire alarm engineers.
- We also undertake routine programmed fire alarm maintenance, modify existing fire alarm systems and provide emergency call-out services - all of which meet the relevant legislation and requirements
- All visits are recorded in the logbook.
- H6 Certification is supplied